Yield: about 5 dozen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup persimmon pulp, pureed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl. Add to creamed mixture alternately with persimmon puree, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note