No need for the sugar glaze -- these cookies are already plenty sweet. Otherwise a good recipe. Added a bit of ground nutmeg and cloves. Great results: difficult to stop myself from eating them all!
- 2 large ripe persimmons, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Process chopped persimmon in a food processor until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Measure 1 cup pulp.
- Combine pulp, sugar, oil, and egg, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Combine flour, soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl; add persimmon mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9 minutes. Transfer to wire racks placed on wax paper.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring until smooth; drizzle over warm cookies. Cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note