Persimmon and Apple Salad with Walnuts
Notes: Fuyu persimmons are the small, flat-bottomed variety that can be eaten when firm. Assemble salad just before packing.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Fuji or other sweet apples (about 8 oz. each), rinsed, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 firm-ripe Fuyu persimmons (about 6 oz. each; see notes), rinsed, stemmed, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Bake the walnuts in an 8- or 9-inch baking pan in a 350° regular or convection oven, shaking pan occasionally, until nuts are golden beneath skins, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine orange juice, vinegar, and olive oil. Add apples, persimmons, and toasted walnuts and mix to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Persimmon and Apple Salad with Walnuts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads