Persian Rice Pilaf
Real basmati rice has a distinctive nutty flavor and fragrant aroma. If you can't find it, try American-grown Texmati, which is a cross between long-grain and basmati rices, or substitute the regular long-grain kind.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and almonds, and sauté 7 minutes or until onion is tender and almonds are golden. Stir in rice and next 4 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth, and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Prep: 10 min., Cook: 35 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note