Perfectly Easy Blackberry Pie
Winner from Lucky 32's 2008 “Who Doesn’t Love Fruit Pies” Contest By Michael McFee, Durham This recipe is very easy and delicious. Great with vanilla ice cream or a little lemon sorbet.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) blackberries (fresh are best, but frozen are okay)
- 1/2 cup(s) white flour
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Prepare your favorite 2-crust pie recipe, or use prepared crust such as
- Pillsbury refrigerated (not frozen) crust from the dairy case.
- 3. Mix flour and 1/2 C measure of sugar together in a large bowl, and add
- 3 1/2 C of the berries and stir gently to coat.
- 4. Place bottom crust in pie plate, and spoon berry mixture into crust.
- 5. Then sprinkle remaining 1/2 C of berries on top. Cover with remaining crust.
- 6. Seal and crimp crust edges, then brush with the milk and sprinkle with the 1/4 C measure of sugar.
- 7. Bake 15 minutes.
- 8. Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees.
- 9. Bake another 20-25 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note