Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons very cold water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- All-purpose flour (to roll out dough)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Add butter and cream cheese, and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cold water and lemon juice, and pulse just until dough begins to form.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, and form into a flat disk (do not overwork). Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap, and let chill 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 3. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Roll out dough into a 13-inch round on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, and transfer to a pie plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts