I can always count on this recipe for a "perfect" pie crust. Accurate name. My go-to, and saved to my recipe file. Look no further.
Perfect Pie Crust
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) All purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 3/4 cup(s) Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoon(s) Cold Water
- Mix sifted flour and salt.
- Cut in about 2/3 of the shortening with pastry blender or two knives until fine as meal.
- Cut in remaining shortening to the size of large peas.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons cold water over different parts of mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, with fork, until all particles cling together in a dough that follows the fork around the bowl and leaves the sides clean.
- Take the dough up in hands and press gently, with fingers, into a smooth, blended ball of dough.
- For a 2-crust pie or a lattice-top pie, divide the dough in half and shape each portion into two flat rounds. Then use as directed in the various pie recipes.
- YIELDS: One 9 inch 2-crust pie, a lattice-top or spiral top pie, or 9 tart shells.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PharStarr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note