I can always count on this recipe for a "perfect" pie crust. Accurate name. My go-to, and saved to my recipe file. Look no further.
Perfect Pie Crust
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) All purpose flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 3/4 cup(s) Vegetable Shortening
- 4 tablespoon(s) Cold Water
- Mix sifted flour and salt.
- Cut in about 2/3 of the shortening with pastry blender or two knives until fine as meal.
- Cut in remaining shortening to the size of large peas.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons cold water over different parts of mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, with fork, until all particles cling together in a dough that follows the fork around the bowl and leaves the sides clean.
- Take the dough up in hands and press gently, with fingers, into a smooth, blended ball of dough.
- For a 2-crust pie or a lattice-top pie, divide the dough in half and shape each portion into two flat rounds. Then use as directed in the various pie recipes.
- YIELDS: One 9 inch 2-crust pie, a lattice-top or spiral top pie, or 9 tart shells.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PharStarr and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes