- 1 medium Asian pear, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup NEWMAN'S OWN Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- 12 large iceberg lettuce leaves, chilled
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh mint leaves
How to Make It
Toss chopped Asian pear with lime juice; set aside. .
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add garlic, red onion and green onions, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add turkey and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
Whisk together peanut butter, dressing, and chili sauce. Add to turkey mixture in skillet and cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; add pear mixture to turkey mixture, stirring gently.
Spoon mixture evenly into lettuce leaves and top with carrots, chopped peanuts and fresh mint.