Perfect Beef Tenderloin
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 (5- to 7-lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 to 7 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place beef on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Rub butter over beef, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 25 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 135° (medium rare). Cover loosely with aluminum foil; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Note: We tested with Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes