- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock, divided
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2.25 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package chopped mustard greens
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons paprika
How to Make It
Bring 3/4 cup stock, milk, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Whisk in grits; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions. Keep grits warm.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 1/2 cup onions and 2 teaspoons garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 cup stock, 1 teaspoon honey, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 6 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add greens to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove mixture from pan; keep warm.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Combine shrimp, remaining 2 teaspoons pepper, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1 teaspoon minced garlic, remaining 2 teaspoons honey, and paprika in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add remaining 1/4 cup stock to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Serve shrimp with grits and greens.