Peppery Peas O' Plenty
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 hickory-smoked bacon slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup frozen purple hull peas
- 1 cup frozen crowder peas
- 1 cup frozen butter peas
- 1 cup frozen field peas with snaps
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Asian garlic-chili sauce
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook bacon in Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan. Crumble bacon.
- Sauté onion in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until translucent. Add black-eyed peas and next 8 ingredients, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, uncovered. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bryan Sweet Hickory Smoked Bacon and A Taste of Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables