Needed to add a bit more lemon juice. I used precooked packaged shrimp and they worked ok in the dish. Used spinach, but arugula would certainly be preferred.
Peppery Pasta with Arugula and Shrimp
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
Splitting the shrimp in half helps a small amount stretch further. You can sub baby spinach for arugula, if you prefer.
Yield: 4 servings
Cost per Serving: $2.15
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 671mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby arugula
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Romano cheese
- 1. Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and arugula in a large bowl; toss well.
- 2. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Add hot pasta to arugula mixture, and toss well until arugula wilts.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and shallots; sauté 1 minute or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from pan. Add broth and juice to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Return shrimp to pan. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- 4. Arrange 1 1/2 cups pasta on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over each serving. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note