Peppery Mushroom Burgers
Be sure to make the patties 1/4 inch thick--if they're thicker, they'll take longer to cook. The chopped mushrooms added to the ground round keep the burger juicy and moist, and add depth of flavor to the sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms, divided
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or low-salt beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Coarsely chop 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms. Combine beef, chopped mushrooms, onion, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; shape into 4 equal patties, 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle pepper evenly on both sides of patties.
- 2. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add patties, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- 3. Add wine, water, and remaining mushrooms to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, scraping pan to loosen browned bits about 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Pour mushroom mixture over patties.
- carbo rating: 3
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note