delicious! do serve with the yogurt dipping sauce- however- 1/2 the recipe (it makes alot!) and also use Greek yogurt (plain) and save the hassle of straining regular yogurt you are in for a treat!
Peppery Grilled Okra With Lemon-Basil Dipping Sauce
More From Southern Living
Chill: 24 Minutes
Grill: 6 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- Cheesecloth or coffee filter
- 1 (32-oz.) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 pounds fresh okra, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- 1. Line a wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of cheesecloth or 1 (12-cup) coffee filter. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon yogurt into strainer. Cover and chill 24 hours. Remove yogurt, discarding strained liquid.
- 2. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Combine strained yogurt, basil, next 3 ingredients, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3. Toss together okra, olive oil, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper in a large bowl.
- 4. Grill okra, covered with grill lid, over 400° to 450° (high) heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool 5 minutes.
- 5. Transfer okra to a serving dish, and serve with dipping sauce. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note