peppery cheese bread
Braided loaf with parmesan and cracked black peppercorns. From Bon Appetit, November 1985
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 envelope(s) quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup(s) cake flour
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) hot water 125*
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven 400* for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Place yeast, flours and salt in workbowl. With motor running pour inwater and oil. Process until ball forms. Remove and knead briefly on lightly floured surface. Oil large bowl, place in bowl, cover and let rise until double in bulk (45 minures).
- 3. Punch down, knead in cheese and pepper. Divide dough in 3equal pieces, rolling each into a 14" rope. Braid on baking sheet covered with wax paper. Transfer to baking stone. Mist well. Bake 30 minutes, remove wax paper, mist again, bake 10 minutes, mist again. Continue baking about 25 to 30 minutes more or until browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
peppery cheese bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads