Peppery Cheese Bread
If the loaf sticks to the side, run a knife between the bread and the pan.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together eggs and next 6 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Lightly grease bottom of a 9- x 5-inch loafpan; pour batter into loafpan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool 1 hour on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note