Pepperoni Salad-Stuffed Pitas
Classic pizza ingredients combine in a pita to make a hand-held salad on the go.
More From Oxmoor House
Chill: 1 Hour
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 42.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 1612mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Calcium: 168mg
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 turkey pepperoni slices, halved (such as Hormel)
- 8 mushrooms, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1-ounce) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine pepperoni and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over pepperoni mixture, and toss gently. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 3 to 4 minutes or just until warmed.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf in each pita half, and spoon 1/2 cup pepperoni salad into each half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note