Love this recipe. My family also loved this, even my pickier eaters who usually do not like whole-wheat anything. I also used the Classico tomato basil sauce but used a 13 oz organic whole wheat thin crust (Rustic Crust brand). This crust is very dense and very filling. Two slices was plenty.
Pepperoni pizza is a classic favorite, and in less than 20 minutes, you can make this light and healthy version. The whole wheat crust has more fiber and nutrients than a white flour crust, and using part-skim mozzarella saves on calories without compromising any flavor.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 260
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 19.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 861mg
- Calcium: 280mg
- 1 cup tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) package prebaked whole wheat thin Italian pizza crust
- 1/4 cup turkey pepperoni slices (about 24)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Spoon tomato-and-basil pasta sauce evenly over crust, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Top with half of pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining pepperoni.
- 2. Bake pizza at 450° directly on oven rack 11 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into 6 slices. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boboli 100% Whole Wheat Thin Pizza Crust and Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note