Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Mix up this classic pepperoni pizza recipe with sautéed mushrooms to add earthy flavor to this familiar favorite, but they're optional if you're a pizza purist.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 49.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 692mg
- Calcium: 249mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Basic Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni (such as Hormel)
- Position one oven rack in the middle setting. Position another rack in the lowest setting, and place a rimless baking sheet on the bottom rack. Preheat oven to 500°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sliced mushrooms to pan, and sauté for 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates.
- Remove plastic wrap from Basic Pizza Dough; discard. Brush oil over dough. Remove preheated baking sheet from oven; close oven door. Slide dough onto preheated baking sheet, using a spatula as a guide. Bake on lowest oven rack at 500° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread Basic Pizza Sauce in an even layer over crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top sauce with mushrooms. Sprinkle mushrooms evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan. Arrange pepperoni in an even layer on top of cheese. Bake on middle rack an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts. Cut into 12 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note