More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 234
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 461mg
- Calcium: 223mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- Remaining ingredients:
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni (such as Hormel)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- To prepare the sauce, place a small saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add the dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and tomato sauce; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley, and keep warm.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl, and let stand 5 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes), and add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into the dough. If indention remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Spread sauce over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until crust is puffy and lightly browned. Remove pizza to cutting board; cut into 6 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note