Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 33 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Carbohydrate: 39.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 599mg
- Calcium: 236mg
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3.65 ounces white rice flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1.4 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.7 ounces potato starch (about 1/3 cup)
- 0.9 ounce flaxseed meal (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 5 minutes or until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add yeast mixture, 1 tablespoon oil, egg whites, and egg; beat at low speed 1 minute or until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- 3. Coat a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Scrape dough onto pan. Lightly coat hands with oil. Press dough into a 14-inch circle, coating hands with oil as needed to prevent dough from sticking. Coat top of dough with any remaining oil. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 5. Remove plastic wrap, and bake crust at 400° for 17 minutes or until bottom lightly browns. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- 6. Spread marinara over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 16 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note