- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3.65 ounces white rice flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1.4 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.4 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1.7 ounces potato starch (about 1/3 cup)
- 0.9 ounce flaxseed meal (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore)
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 346
- fat 13.8 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 17.2 g
- carbohydrate 39.9 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 599 mg
- calcium 236 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/2 cup water, sugar, and yeast in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 5 minutes or until yeast mixture is bubbly.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato starch, flaxseed meal, xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add yeast mixture, 1 tablespoon oil, egg whites, and egg; beat at low speed 1 minute or until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
Coat a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Scrape dough onto pan. Lightly coat hands with oil. Press dough into a 14-inch circle, coating hands with oil as needed to prevent dough from sticking. Coat top of dough with any remaining oil. Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove plastic wrap, and bake crust at 400° for 17 minutes or until bottom lightly browns. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
Spread marinara over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 425° for 16 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts.