Pepperoni, Onion, and Olive Pizza
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 ounce pepperoni slices (about 18 slices)
- 10 niçoise olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Italian-blend cheese
- calories 281
- fat 6.7 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 12.1 g
- carbohydrate 44.2 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 109 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with onion, pepperoni, and olives; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden.
This updated version of Pepperoni, Onion, and Olive Pizza is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, October 2011. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.