Delicious - I've made this several times since it was published and my husband and I love it! I've also used the Basic Sauce (with a few embellishments noted on that review) with the Cheese Pizza in CL Sept. 2006. My picky 15 yo likes that one better, as he's not a pepperoni fan. I like to use thinly sliced Boar's Head sandwich pepperoni from the deli - you can quarter the slices and use less and get the same great flavor. The Basic Sauce makes enough to freeze for another pizza, too - great recipe, very satisfying and tasty.
Pepperoni Deep-Dish Pizza
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Hours, 38 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 16.9g
- Carbohydrate: 47.1g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 607mg
- Calcium: 244mg
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 12 ounces bread flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Basic Pizza Sauce
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Pour 3/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour to 3/4 cup water; mix until combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Combine remaining 1/4 cup water and yeast in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly. Add yeast mixture, oil, and salt to flour mixture; mix 5 minutes or until a soft dough forms. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; cover surface of dough with plastic wrap lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 2. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, 1 hour or until dough comes to room temperature. Punch dough down. Roll dough out to a 14 x 11–inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Press dough into bottom and partially up sides of a 13 x 9–inch metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap.
- 3. Place a baking sheet in oven on bottom rack. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Arrange 3/4 cup mozzarella evenly over dough; top with Basic Pizza Sauce, pepperoni, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Place pan on baking sheet in oven; bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut pizza into 6 rectangles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This