Pepperoncini Italian Beef Roast
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Let your slow cooker do the work for this Pepperoncini Italian Beef Roast recipe. The end result will be juicy, flavorful beef sandwiches with a mouthwatering au jus sauce.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 4-lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 8-oz. jar pepperoncini peppers, drained and juice reserved
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 1-oz. pkgs. au jus mix
- 8 to 10 hoagie rolls, split
- Place roast in a slow cooker; pour reserved pepper juice over top. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours, until very tender. Remove roast and shred with 2 forks; stir back into liquid in slow cooker. Add peppers and onion.
- Blend au jus mix with a little of the liquid from slow cooker until dissolved. Pour over beef; add water if needed to cover roast.
- Cover and cook for an additional hour. Serve beef spooned onto rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note