I served this to 7 members of my Book Club, and not a single drop was left in ANY of the mugs later that night. Crush the mints in a zip-lock freezer bag. NOTE: The serving size is very small; even doubling the recipe still only filled standard-sized coffee mugs 2/3rds full, so make a few batches. Delicious, refreshing for dessert, great for the holidays... we'll definitely be making it again!
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
Yield: 6 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Calcium: 228mg
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 7 hard peppermint candies, crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 4 hard peppermint candies
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until warm (do not boil). Add 7 crushed peppermint candies, stirring until candies dissolve. Add white chocolate, stirring with a whisk until chocolate melts. Cook until tiny bubbles form around edge of pan (do not boil), stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; stir in extract.
- Coarsely crush 2 peppermint candies; set aside. Finely crush remaining 2 peppermint candies. Coat rims of 6 mugs with corn syrup. Place 2 finely crushed peppermint candies in a saucer; dip rim of each mug in candies to coat.
- Pour 2/3 cup hot chocolate into each mug; top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Sprinkle 2 coarsely crushed candies evenly over topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note