Easy and fun to make! I made the white chocolate and peppermint and also the Hello Dolly, but used peanuts and didn't have the coconut but still tasted great. I used a tsp of vanilla nut butter extract also in the Hello Dolly version. Will be making this every Christmas to give as gifts.
Peppermint-White Chocolate Candy Slabs
Make the easiest candy ever for this holiday season's gifts. You only need three ingredients and a loaf pan.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
- 24 round red and green hard peppermint candies
- 2 (12-oz.) packages white chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line 3 (9" x 5") loaf pans with multipurpose sealing wrap (we tested with Press 'N Seal); set aside. (Use disposable loaf pans from the grocery store, if desired.)
- Place candies in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Coarsely crush candies using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Set aside crushed candies, reserving 3 Tbsp. separately for topping.
- Microwave white chocolate morsels in a large microwave-safe bowl at 70% power for 1 minute and 15 seconds. (Morsels will not look melted.) Stir morsels until melted. Microwave again at 15-second intervals, if necessary.
- Add peppermint extract and larger portion of crushed candies to melted chocolate, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Quickly spread melted white chocolate evenly in prepared pans; sprinkle with reserved 3 Tbsp. candies, pressing gently with fingertips. Let stand 1 hour or until firm.
- Peanut Brittle Candy Slabs: Melt white chocolate as directed in recipe above, gently folding in 1 1/2 cups crushed storebought peanut brittle and 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter; spread evenly in prepared loaf pans. Dollop 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter over candy mixture in each loaf pan; swirl with a knife. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crushed peanut brittle evenly over candy in pans, pressing gently with fingertips. Yield: 3 slabs/2 1/3 lb.
- Hello Dolly Candy Slabs: Measure and combine 2/3 cup each miniature semisweet chocolate morsels, toasted flaked coconut, chopped pecans, and chopped graham crackers; set aside 1/2 cup of this mix for topping. Melt white chocolate as directed in recipe above, gently folding in combined ingredients; spread evenly in prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup topping mixture over candy in pans, pressing gently with fingertips. Yield: 3 slabs/2 lb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note