I've made this recipe three times since I saw it in the magazine last week. The sweet/salty combination is irresistible. It's delicious and very addictive! Everyone who tries it loves it. I'll be making this candy for years to come.
Make even larger quantities for gifting this easy microwave treat by skipping the jelly-roll pan and covering your counter with parchment. It'll take longer to harden at room temperature, but you can make large batches without pans or the refrigerator.
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package vanilla candy coating, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzel sticks
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes
- 1. Microwave candy coating in a 1-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in peppermint extract.
- 2. Spread half of melted candy coating about 1/8 inch thick in a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pretzels and 1/3 cup chopped candy canes over melted candy coating, and press into coating. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients on another parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Chill 5 minutes or until cool and firm. Break into pieces.
- Note: We tested with Log House Candiquik Vanilla Candy Coating and Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note