I've made this recipe three times since I saw it in the magazine last week. The sweet/salty combination is irresistible. It's delicious and very addictive! Everyone who tries it loves it. I'll be making this candy for years to come.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (16-oz.) package vanilla candy coating, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzel sticks
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy canes
- 1. Microwave candy coating in a 1-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Microwave until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir in peppermint extract.
- 2. Spread half of melted candy coating about 1/8 inch thick in a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pretzels and 1/3 cup chopped candy canes over melted candy coating, and press into coating. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients on another parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan. Chill 5 minutes or until cool and firm. Break into pieces.
- Note: We tested with Log House Candiquik Vanilla Candy Coating and Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts