I have made this cheesecake several times for Christmas and gotten rave reviews every time. The cheesecake is very rich so a small slice will satisfy. It makes a lovely presentation for holiday parties and special occasions. I highly recommend it
Peppermint Panache Cheesecake
Candy canes atop the cake hint at the crushed peppermints found in each slice.
Yield: one 9" cheesecake
- 2 1/4 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
- 10 ounce premium white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Garnish: small candy canes
- Combine 2 1/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter; stir well. Firmly press onto bottom and 2" up sides of a 9" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add 1/2 cup whipping cream, flour, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies and 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Remove to a wire rack; let cool completely. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove sides of springform pan.
- Bring water to a boil in bottom of a double boiler; remove from heat. Combine white chocolate and 1/3 cup whipping cream in top of double boiler; place over hot water. Heat until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Let mixture cool slightly (3 to 5 minutes).
- Spread white chocolate mixture over top and sides of cheesecake. Garnish with candy canes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note