I have made this cheesecake several times for Christmas and gotten rave reviews every time. The cheesecake is very rich so a small slice will satisfy. It makes a lovely presentation for holiday parties and special occasions. I highly recommend it
Peppermint Panache Cheesecake
- 2 1/4 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies
- 10 ounce premium white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Garnish: small candy canes
- Combine 2 1/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter; stir well. Firmly press onto bottom and 2" up sides of a 9" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add 1/2 cup whipping cream, flour, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in 1 cup chopped cookies and 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set. Remove to a wire rack; let cool completely. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove sides of springform pan.
- Bring water to a boil in bottom of a double boiler; remove from heat. Combine white chocolate and 1/3 cup whipping cream in top of double boiler; place over hot water. Heat until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula. Let mixture cool slightly (3 to 5 minutes).
- Spread white chocolate mixture over top and sides of cheesecake. Garnish with candy canes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts