Peppermint Meringues [2011-04-03 15:58:49.360]
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cream of tarter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 peppermint candy canes crushed crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with foil.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until whites form stiff peaks. Drop by spoonfuls 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over the cookies.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in preheated oven. Meringues should be completely dry on the inside. Do not allow them to brown. Turn off oven. Keep oven door ajar, and let meringues sit in the oven until completely cool. Loosen from foil with metal spatula. Store loosely covered in cool dry place for up to 2 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Slavens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peppermint Meringues [2011-04-03 15:58:49.360] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts