Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1/2 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup(s) peppermint candies or candy canes crushed
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in peppermint extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in balls. Place 2-in apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Frosting: In a small bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners sugar, milk and peppermint extract; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies; sprinkle with crushed candies. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MezzoJo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peppermint Meltaways Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies
More Recipes for Main Dishes