Peppermint Ice Cream
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped peppermint patties(peppermint cookies, I used)
- In med. saucepan over med.low heat, bring the milk, just to a boil. Remove form heat and add the mint leaves; let steep for 20-30 minutes. If you desire a milder mint flavor, strain and discard the mint leaves after steeping, but for a more intenese ice cream, blend the milk/mint mixture using a immersion blender I mixed in about 1/3 of the mint..
- Add the sugar and salt to the steeped milkmint mixture. /Use a hand mixer on low speed or whisk to combine, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate, 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- Turn on the ice cream maker ; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until thickened about 15 to 20 mi9nutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the chopped candy(cookies) through the top and let mix in completely. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a fimer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving..
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KLillie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts