Peppermint Coffee Mix
Tie chocolate-coated Candy Cane Stirrers onto the bags of coffee mix for an extra chocolatey treat.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups mix and 50 stirrers
- COFFEE MIX:
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- CANDY CANE STIRRERS:
- 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 50 mini peppermint candy canes
- Coffee Mix: Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Place in an airtight container; top with crushed candies. Give mix with Candy Cane Stirrers and attach gift card with instructions (see below).
- Candy Cane Stirrers: Microwave 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir chocolate until smooth; microwave 20 more seconds, if necessary. Add remaining chocolate and stir until smooth. Set bowl in a pan of hot water to keep chocolate soft, making sure water does not mix with chocolate.
- Dip straight end of each candy cane into chocolate to coat; place on wax paper to cool.
- Instructions for gift card: Combine 2 tablespoons mix with 1/2 cup boiling water; mix well. Makes one serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages