This recipe didn't work for me. My crock pot, set on low, browned the white chocolate mixture. And the mixture was so thick that it wouldn't stick nicely to the pretzels. I've made similar recipes (using the microwave) with great results - I would opt for another recipe over this one.
Photo: Oxmoor House
Bark coating firms up this crunchy candy, and white chocolate boosts the flavor.
Prep: 34 minutes, Cook: 2 hours
Slow-Cooker Size: 4-quart
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 pounds or about 80 pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package pretzel nuggets (we tested with Snyder's of Hanover Sourdough Pretzel Nuggets)
- 2 (16-ounce) packages vanilla bark coating squares, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) white chocolate morsels
- 1 (4-ounce) package white chocolate baking bars, broken into pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package hard peppermint candies, finely crushed and divided (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 2 hours. Stir chocolate mixture; add 1 1/4 cups crushed peppermint candies and peppermint extract, stirring well to coat.
- Drop pretzel mixture by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candies evenly on pieces before they set. Let stand until firm.
- Holiday Gift: These pretzels, with their festive candy coating, make great gifts around the holidays. Place the peppermints in a zip-top freezer bag, and crush with a rolling pin. Take your time when crushing the peppermints--you don't want large pieces or fine crumbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note