Peppermint-Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
For a quicker chocolate-mint "fix," fill sandwiches with softened low-fat mint-chocolate chip ice cream and omit crushed candies.
More From Oxmoor House
Freeze: 4 Hours
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.0g
- Carbohydrate: 19.4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Calcium: 51mg
- 1 pint vanilla low-fat, no-sugar-added ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 20 chocolate wafers
- 10 hard peppermint candies, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- Stir together ice cream and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons ice cream mixture onto 1 chocolate wafer; top with another wafer. Place filled sandwich on a jelly roll pan lined with wax paper. Repeat procedure with remaining ice cream mixture and cookies. Cover and freeze 30 minutes. Roll edges in crushed peppermint candies; freeze 3 hours or until firm. Wrap each sandwich in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, if desired, for longer storage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note