Peppermint Candy Cheesecake
Forget traditional cheesecake, the holidays call for something much more festive and uniquely tasty. This Peppermint Candy Cheesecake is sure to bring smiles and delight to hungry family and friends who want to delve into the holiday spirit.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, coarsely crushed
- Optional: frozen whipped topping, thawed; crushed peppermint candies; mini candy canes
- Blend crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter in bottom of an ungreased 8" round springform pan; press evenly over bottom. Blend sour cream, remaining sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth, stop- ping to scrape sides. Add cream cheese and blend; stir in remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter until completely smooth. Fold in crushed candies and pour over crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife around edge of pan. Cool; refrigerate overnight. Loosen pan sides and remove springform; garnish with whipped topping, crushed candies and candy canes, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note