I made these tarts in mini tart pans. The recipe was fairly easy to make, just allow for the three steps when you are deciding when to serve the tarts because they must be chilled. The peppermint mixture is delicious and when combined with the ganache on the tarts, the recipe was a huge crowd pleaser for the holidays.
Peppermint Brownie Tarts
Photo: Tina Corbett; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes
- Microwave chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Beat 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Add flour, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla and chocolate morsels. Spread batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 9-inch tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating at low speed after each addition. Stir in peppermint oil.
- Divide butter mixture between each tart, spreading evenly over cooled brownies in pans; cover and chill 1 hour or until firm. Divide Chocolate Glaze evenly between each tart, spreading over chilled butter mixture in pans. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy around outer edge of each tart.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note