These seemed alittle dry, I felt like there was too much of peppermint candies
Peppermint Bonbon Cookies
More From Oxmoor House
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crushed hard peppermint candies
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Additional coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 cup crushed peppermint and 6 Tbsp. sugar. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Add eggs to melted chocolate, 1 at a time, stirring well. Stir in extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in chocolate morsels. Cover and chill dough 2 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2" balls; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and cracked on top. Sprinkle coarsely crushed peppermints onto cookies; press candy lightly into cookies. Let cookies cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cookies, if desired. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired. Sprinkle cookies again with chopped peppermint, if desired. Let cookies stand until glaze and chocolate are firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts