Peppermint Bars Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- An extravagant dessert of a fudgy brownie layered with peppermint frosting and a rich chocolate glaze. You'll want to include this in a holiday dessert tray or package for a cookie exchange or gift basket.
- Serves: Makes 36 servings.
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies , (optional) Substitutions
- Select All
- Add to list
- Nutritional information
- (amount per servings)
- Total Calories: 220
- Sodium: 91mg
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons of the butter, melted, cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter in large microwave bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.
- I'm cook
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peppermint Bars Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies