this is so easy and so so so yummy!!!! i usually make a little more sauce, love the plum and soy combo!
Peppered Tuna With Mushroom Sauce
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground multicolored peppercorns*
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, and sauté 4 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Stir in plum sauce, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tuna evenly with pepper, and cook 4 minutes on each side (rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with warm sauce.
- *Freshly ground black pepper may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Honan Plum Sauce. Look for plum sauce in the ethnic foods aisle of the supermarket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes