This was just ok. Perhaps i was a little thrown off eating a nice steak with a thick white sauce. Definitely not an elegant presentation, but would be good for casual al fresco dining when you're looking for a cool counterpart to a steak hot off the grill. If I make again, I will probably serve with baked potatoes and include the sauce for the steak OR the tots.
Peppered Steak with Horseradish-Chive Cream
Photo: Jan Smith
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and 2 tablespoons cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 411mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until well blended. Cover and chill.
- Place steak between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Combine pepper, vinegar, salt, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub steak with vinegar mixture.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note