Peppered Sirloin with Cherry-Merlot Sauce and Gorgonzola
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (1.5-quart) CIRCULON Covered Saucepan
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup FETZER Eagle Peak Merlot
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 package (about 2 pounds) HORMEL Always Tender Peppercorn Beef Filet of Sirloin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12-inch) CIRCULON Open Clad Skillet
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon McCORMICK Gourmet Collection Crushed Rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola CHEESE
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 325°. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove pan from heat, and set aside.
- Brown beef in hot oil in skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Bake beef in skillet at 325° for 32 to 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155° (medium). Remove beef to a cutting board, reserving juices in pan. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add cherry mixture, 2 tablespoons broth, maple syrup, and rosemary to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of skillet. Stir in salt and pepper. Drizzle sauce over sliced beef; sprinkle evenly with cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes