Peppered Rib-Eye Roast
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup assorted coarsely ground peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) eye of round roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sautéed sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Combine peppercorns and ground cardamom; press into roast. Place roast in a shallow dish; pour marinade over roast. Cover and chill 8 hours, turning roast occasionally.
- Remove roast from marinade, reserving 1 cup marinade. Wrap roast in aluminum foil, sealing well; place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 300° for 2 hours or until done. Remove from oven; unwrap foil, and drain, reserving juices. Increase oven temperature to 350°; return roast to pan, and bake 15 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a saucepan, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in reserved juices and reserved 1 cup marinade.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, if desired. Serve with roast.
- Prep: 15 min.; Chill: 8 hrs.; Bake: 2 hrs., 15 min.; Cook: 3 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This