- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cold butter (no substitutions), cubed
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 3/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Medium Grind Black Pepper
How to Make It
COMBINE flour, cheese, butter, corn starch, thyme and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Add sour cream, a spoonful at a time, pulsing until mixture is combined. Remove from food processor.
KNEAD 2 to 3 times forming dough into a ball. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a flat log, about 2-inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Wrap logs in plastic wrap.
REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or overnight.
BRUSH the top of each log with milk and sprinkle with black pepper. Slice the dough at 1/4-inch intervals and place on baking sheets.
BAKE in preheated 325°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Delicious served with Beer Cheese Soup.