- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, divided
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 1/4 cups canned no-salt-added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups regular grits, uncooked
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 3 cups seeded, chopped tomato
- 3 cups seeded, chopped yellow tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- calories 203
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 6.9 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 11.5 g
- carbohydrate 23.6 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 503 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Coat a 9-inch loafpan with cooking spray. Line with heavy-duty plastic wrap, allowing plastic to extend over edges. Coat plastic wrap with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon pepper on plastic wrap.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon pepper, water, and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add grits, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and hot sauce.
Spread half of grits mixture in pan; place bacon lengthwise on top of grits. Spoon remaining grits over bacon. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold plastic wrap over grits; chill 8 hours.
Combine tomatoes and remaining 3 ingredients; cover and chill.
Invert grits loaf onto a cutting board; remove and discard plastic wrap. Cut loaf crosswise into 4 slices. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 10 minutes on each side or until golden. Top evenly with tomato mixture.