I didn't have yellow tomatoes, so I substituted some diced yellow pepper. Nice easy meal, beautiful on the plate. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to guests. We opted for a nice saffron rice as a side instead of the recommended bread.
Peppered Flank Steak and Salsa
Serve a summery steak dinner tonight in just 30 minutes! Add a side of fresh veggies and plenty of crusty bread to round out the meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups diced red and yellow tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of steak. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine 1 1/2 cups tomato and remaining ingredients. Serve salsa over steak.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note