Extremely easy to make. My VERY picky boyfriend ate it and loved it! I enjoyed it quite a bit too. I served it with mashed potatos and green beans. My steak wasn't too thick so I cooked it on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side for Medium-Rare doneness. It came out great and I will def. reuse this recipe :)
Peppered Flank Steak
HOWARD L. PUCKETT
Balsamic vinegar and lemon juice help tenderize this less-tender cut of beef and add flavor. After cooking, slice the steak immediately across the grain into thin strips.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) lean flank steak
- 1 teaspoon cracked or freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Trim fat from steak. Rub steak with pepper, garlic, and salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 6 minutes on each side or until steak is desired degree of doneness, basting with vinegar.
- Cut steak across grain into thin slices. Drizzle lemon juice over steak.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note