Peppered Fillets with Mushroom Sauce
To get maximum pepper flavor, use freshly ground. It's more pungent and flavorful than the ground pepper in cans or jars.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 211
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 62mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or low-salt beef broth
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with pepper.
- 3. Place steaks on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. While steaks broil, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add wine; simmer 1 minute.
- 5. Place steaks on a serving platter; spoon mushroom mixture over steaks.
- carbo rating: 5
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes