Peppered Corn on the Cob
Photo: Oxmoor House
Bacon imparts a smoky flavor that makes this corn dish like no other.
Prep: 13 minutes, Cook: 4 hours
Slow-Cooker Size: 5-quart
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 fully cooked bacon slices (we tested with Ready Crisp Bacon)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- Combine butter and garlic in a small bowl. Rub garlic butter evenly over ears of corn. Sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt. Wrap each ear of corn with 2 bacon slices, and secure with wooden picks. Place corn in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add broth and jalapeño pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or until corn is tender. Remove bacon before serving, if desired.
- Bacon Bit: If you don't want to wrap the bacon around the corn, simply chop the bacon and sprinkle on top of the corn in the cooker.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This