Peppered Cheddar Muffins
Photo: Ralph Anderson
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together milk, egg, and vegetable oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool muffins in pans 2 minutes; remove from pans, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads